Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy. I posted this for Zaar World Tour 05.
Make and share this Green Salad With Mozzarella and Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups assorted lettuce leaves (I like using mixed baby greens)
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 -2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, avocados and cheese together in a large bowl.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic and spices in a cruet and shake well.
- Pour over salad just before serving and toss.
Awesome salad! I had to bring a salad for a potluck, and this salad was perfect. Very simple and easy to make, yet compliments almost anything. I made my own dressing, however, as I already had some prepared that I needed to use up. I plan to make this again with this dressing recipe, though. Fantastic recipe!
Great! I used fresh basil and cilantro in place of the dried herbs in the dressing and cut the oil down to 1/3 cup and the vinegar down to 1/4 cup and added 1/4 teaspoon sugar.
This was delicious but was a bit tart. Maybe a bit of sugar in the dressing is needed?