- 1⁄2 head red leaf lettuce
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- strawberry, sliced
- 4 -5 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat sugar and almonds in pan. Stir constantly until sugar turns golden brown. Don't let scorch!
- Let cool on a plate and break into pieces.
- Wash lettuce cut into bite size pieces. Add the celery, green onions, drained oranges and sliced strawberries in a salad bowl and toss.
- Combine the dressing ingredients and shake until everything is dissolved.
- Add almonds and dressing when it's time to serve.