Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Whole parsley leaves in a salad add a distinct fresh green taste which stands up to the sweet grapes and salty seeds.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, rinsed and spun dry (or Italian)
- 1 1⁄2 cups red seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup shelled roasted sunflower seeds
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, salt, pepper, dijon and sugar.
- Add the oil and whisk until emulsified.
- Combine the lettuce, parsley and grapes and toss with the dressing.
- Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and serve immediately.
An enjoyable, attractive salad with a unique taste and a tangy dressing. I added a bit more sugar to the dressing, and next time might add some minced shallots as well. I enjoyed the taste of the parsley in this salad, though this may be an acquired taste for some.