Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy yet yummy salad adapted from Southern Living.
Make and share this Green Salad With Candied Pumpkin Seeds recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (5 ounce) bags baby greens, washed (or other lettuces such as Boston or Bibb)
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 3⁄4 cup candied pumpkin seeds
Citrus Cumin Dressing
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- Toss greens with the citrus cumin salad dressing and arrange on a platter. Sprinkle evenly with queso fresco and candied pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Citrus Cumin Salad Dressing:.
- Whisk together orange juice, lemon juice, sugar, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl; add oil in a slow steady stream, whisking constantly till smooth. Use right away , or cover and chill in fridge up to 3 days. Whisk before serving. Makes 1/2 cup. Enjoy!
Unusual and delicious salad. I loved the cumin dressing but the recipe for Candied Pumpkin Seeds(Or Pecans) was very sweet. I would have rather had a spicy seed recipe instead of sweet. But the cumin dressing redeemed this salad and it and I wouldn't hesitate to make it again but I will probably just use regular toasted pumpkin seeds.
This was a wonderful salad! I used green leaf lettuce, cheddar cheese, and Candied Pumpkin Seeds(Or Pecans) with pecans. I wasn't sure about the dressing when I tasted it by itself and added another tsp of sugar, but the combination of flavors really came together with the tangy of the dressing, sharpness of the cheese, and sweetness of the nuts. Thanks, Sharon123!!
So simple and so good! I used a package of Field greens (8 oz), halving the rest of the ingredients too, using Candied Pumpkin Seeds(Or Pecans) for the pumpkin seeds. Very good salad that went very well with fish (Tropical Tilapia). Thanks for sharing this keeper salad.