Recipe by LaJoy
This is a warm, tangy dressing that is unusual. It is great when paired with the salad. Give it a try
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
Excellent! Easy to prepare.I like to use Granny Smith applies! I cut the recipe in half for 2. I will use again, add chow mein noodles, chopped chicken, onion, and celery for main dish. Thanks for posting.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream (divided)
- 2⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons dry English-style mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 head lettuce (or use salad mix)
- 2 apples (I prefer Granny Smith, but use whatever is your favorite)
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the eggs well.
- Add the mustard, sugar and salt and beat well.
- Slowly add one cup heavy cream and vinegar.
- Pour into heavy saucepan and cook slowly until thickened, approximately 5-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining cup of cream.
- Whisk to combine.
- Tear the Lettuce into bite size pieces.
- Cut apples into bite-size slices (you do not need to peel the apples unless you wish)and add to lettuce.
- Add the peanuts.
- Just before serving warm the dressing and pour enough dressing over the greens to coat the lettuce.
- This makes 2 cups and will keep in the refrigerator for quite some time.