Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious - my only salad recipe as not a big fan of green salad. But this is wonderful. From Presbyterian Minister Ms. P. Normile.
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 small iceberg lettuce or 1 small romaine lettuce
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2 cup toasted almond
- 2 avocados, sliced
POPPY SEED DRESSING
- 1⁄4 cup or less to taste sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄3 cup or more to taste cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely grated onion
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- Mix dressing well by shaking.
- Put dressing on & toss just before serving.
Very nice summer salad. Although I found the dressing far too sweet and thus reduced the sugar by half and used 2/3 cup olive oil. This provided a tangier taste.