Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Green rice, perfect as a side dish or as a fajita topping.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- In a small pot, over medium-high heat, sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil.
- Stir until they soften, then add the rice.
- Stir to coat it well with the oil.
- Add broth, bay leaf and season with salt.
- Bring to a simmer, stir and then cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Turn the heat to low.
- Let simmer until all the water has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Fluff rice with fork and stir in cilantro.