Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I don't remember where I got this recipe. I think I cut it out of the local newspaper years ago. It's really easy and I think it could be modified easily to meet your tastes. I often use boil-a-bag rice for easy preparation, and have often used dried parsley (still using 1/2 cup) and it always turns out great.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup uncooked white rice (measure uncooked rice, then cook per package directions)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 bulb of garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients except olive oil and garlic.
- Place olive oil in the bottom of a casserole dish or square glass baking dish. Rub the dish with one bulb of chopped garlic and leave the garlic in the dish.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and bake for 30-40 minutes at 325 degrees.
I substituted about 1/4 cup dried parsley for the fresh, and added some dill too. Used instant rice so I didn't need to cook it first. It turned out nice and cheesy - reminded me of creamed spinach.
This didn't work for us, it had a custard texture that didn't appeal. Thank you for posting Karen.
Easy and delicious. Made for Every Day Holiday Tag. :)