Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a good quick side dish to serve up. It is a very beautiful dish to look at, and the kids seem to like it.
- 2 cups cooked rice (3/4 cup uncooked)
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 3 well-beaten egg yolks
- 3 stiff-beaten egg whites
- Combine all ingredients except egg whites; blend thoroughly.
- Fold in egg white; bake in greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish in moderate oven (350°) 25 minutes.