1/4 Photos of Green Rice Casserole
I found this recipe in a casserole cookbook by James Villas and made some changes to suit my tastes. This makes a great potluck or buffet dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 4 green onions, chopped (white and some of the green)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Butter a 2-quart baking dish and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the rice, 3/4 of the cheddar cheese, ricotta, sour cream, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- 4Mix until well blended.
- 5Add the spinach, bell pepper, chiles, and green onions.
- 6Mix until well blended.
- 7Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- 8Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese over the top and bake until golden, about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.3
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 67.5 mg
- Sodium 269.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 17.3 g