From: "The Art of South American Cookery" by Myra Waldo, 1961ed. Posted for Zaar World Tour 4. I think this would be good with added peas....more green! I would be tempted to add garlic too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2*Cook 1 cup rice to make 3 cups cooked rice.
- 3Heat the oil in a skillet; saute the green peppers for 5 minutes.
- 4Mix in the rice, parsley, spinach, and chives. Turn off heat.
- 5Beat together the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper.
- 6Stir egg mix into the rice; turn into a buttered 2-quart casserole dish.
- 7Sprinkle with parmesan.
- 8Bake for 35 minutes, or until set and browned.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Rice (Arroz Verde)
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.8
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 152.6 mg
- Sodium 775.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 10.7 g