Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From: "The Art of South American Cookery" by Myra Waldo, 1961ed. Posted for Zaar World Tour 4. I think this would be good with added peas....more green! I would be tempted to add garlic too.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- *Cook 1 cup rice to make 3 cups cooked rice.
- Heat the oil in a skillet; saute the green peppers for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the rice, parsley, spinach, and chives. Turn off heat.
- Beat together the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper.
- Stir egg mix into the rice; turn into a buttered 2-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until set and browned.
VERY TASTY RICE, this is! I pretty much minced the bell pepper as well as everything else that went into this dish! Unusual & different, & certainly a keeper! Thanks! [Made & reviewed while touring South & Central America while on Zaar's World Tour 4]
We really enjoyed this rice. It's easy, tasty, and pretty. (-: I think the garlic is a good idea, too. Served this with Traditional Costa Rican Bean Soup and ended up putting the rice in the bean soup. It was a good match. (-; Made for ZWT4.