Recipe by Engrossed
From: "The Art of South American Cookery" by Myra Waldo, 1961ed. Posted for Zaar World Tour 4. I think this would be good with added peas....more green! I would be tempted to add garlic too.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
VERY TASTY RICE, this is! I pretty much minced the bell pepper as well as everything else that went into this dish! Unusual & different, & certainly a keeper! Thanks! [Made & reviewed while touring South & Central America while on Zaar's World Tour 4]
- 2 -8 tablespoons olive oil (original has 1/2 cup!)
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 3⁄4 cup spinach, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chives, minced
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- *Cook 1 cup rice to make 3 cups cooked rice.
- Heat the oil in a skillet; saute the green peppers for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the rice, parsley, spinach, and chives. Turn off heat.
- Beat together the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper.
- Stir egg mix into the rice; turn into a buttered 2-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until set and browned.