Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is really flavorful way to serve rice as a side dish. I love cilantro.
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 10 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir rice in hot oil until golden.
- Carefully stir in chicken broth, 2 tablespoons of the cilantro, green onion and garlic powder into rice. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle with remaining 8 tablespoons cilantro. Let stand, covered, five minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This had a really nice flavor...we enjoyed the cilantro and the chicken broth in this tasty rice dish...I was impressed with the frying of the rice...thanks for posting the recipe...Made for Spring 2014 PAC...=)