Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great way to serve rice. The 'green' comes from parsley and green onion. Very tasty and easy! Found this in 2002 Quick Cooking Recipes.
- Melt butter and oil in skillet and saute rice for about 3 minutes, until rice begins to brown a little. Be very careful not to burn.
- Add onion and parsley and saute for another minute or two. Stir constantly during these two steps.
- Stir in broth, cayenne and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover tightly and cook for 15 minutes. DO NOT LIFT THE LID WHILE IT IS COOKING!
- Fluff rice with a fork and serve!
This was too bland and the parsley overpowered the dish. I realized after the fact that it called for no salt, but boy could it have used some. I might try it again with more seasoning and possibly substitute cilantro for the parsley.
This rice was delicious and very quick and easy to make. I followed your directions exactly and got a tasty pot of rice which was served with baby back pork ribs, yellow beans and sweet carrotes. It was a perfect match for all the dishes, great texture and flavors. I will certainly make this again.
Great new rice dish for our family. I'm always making rice as a side dish, now I can make something different. This has great flavor! Thanks MamaK (Made for Bevy Tag 5/08) ~V