Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Irene and Ron Malakowski's recipe. If you want add a favorite crust.
- 21 ounces silken firm tofu
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb greens
- Greens should be rinsed, well drained, finely chopped, and cooked. Drain well again after cooking. Note Tumeric is just for color.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
- In food processor or blender, process all ingredients except greens until smooth.
- In large bowl, combine with greens.
- Spoon into pie plate.
- Bake quiche about 65 minutes in 450 degree oven, or until golden and knife inserted in center comes out clean.