Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This a very tasty non-alcoholic punch, great for St. Patrick's Day party, for designated drivers, kids, and those who do not care so much for beer.
- 6 ounces lime gelatin (2 packages @3oz each)
- 1 quart hot water
- 46 ounces pineapple juice (1 can)
- 24 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed (2 cans @12oz each)
- 1 cup sugar (optional)
- 4 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 2 liters ginger ale
- Pour 1 quart of hot water into a large saucepan, and dissolve the gelatin.
- Allow to cool.
- Pour the cooled gelatin into a large punch bowl.
- Stir in: pineapple juice, orange juice concentrate, sugar, and 4 ½ cups of cold water.
- Just before serving, pour in the Ginger Ale.
Made this for a group meeting and everyone loved it. I only needed 1/2 recipe. I did not add the sugar, but added all the pineapple juice ( rather than waste it). I did add food color to darken the green. Later we added rum to the left over punch for a great tasting treat. I made ice muffins (green) in silicone muffin cups to keep it cold.
We love this! Made this before, but forgot to rate it! I'd have given it 5 stars, but we made a few changes. We used sprite instead of ginger ale (personal preference for punch) a bit more sugar (I like it sweet) and at the end we added in orange sherbet. So good! We love it because out of all the punches of this type, it doesn't give us a tummy ache since it has extra water in it. Pineapple juice can be a bit hard on the tummy at times. Thanks for posting this!