sopa de platanos verdes posted for ZWT#3 from Caribbean Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the plantains and cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- 2Soak in cold salted water for 20 minutes.
- 3Dry and pat dry with paper towels.
- 4Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan and saute the plantain slices until they are tender (about 15 minutes).
- 5Remove and drain on paper towels.
- 6Crush in a mortar so they break into bits.
- 7Heat the beef stock in a saucepan and add the plantain chips.
- 8Simmer for 15 minutes.
- 9Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Plantain Soup-Puerto Rico
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.7
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 784.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 3.5 g