Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
sopa de platanos verdes posted for ZWT#3 from Caribbean Cooking.
- Peel the plantains and cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- Soak in cold salted water for 20 minutes.
- Dry and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan and saute the plantain slices until they are tender (about 15 minutes).
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Crush in a mortar so they break into bits.
- Heat the beef stock in a saucepan and add the plantain chips.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.