Make and share this Green Pistachio Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare the muffin tins by greasing them well.
- Combine the dry ingredients including the zest and finely chopped pistachios in a large bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer with the paddle attachment. Beat the eggs, one at a time, into the creamed mixture until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and rum extracts.
- Starting with about 1/4 of the dry mixture, alternately add part of the dry ingredients and the milk, briefly mixing after each addition. Do not over-mix the batter.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared tins. Sprinkle the tops with the coarsely chopped pistachios.
- Place the muffins in the oven and immediately turn the temperature down to 375 degrees. Bake for 15 minutes or until the muffins test done.
- After the muffins have cooled for five minutes, remove them from the tins to cool on a wire rack.
- Baker’s Note: It’s the finely chopped pistachios that give the muffin a green hue. We used a nut chopper to chop ours finely. You can also chop them in a food processor.