Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This vegan dish will please just about anyone. it serves well with any Asian dish as well.
- 7 ounces spinach leaves
- 2⁄3 cup cashews, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain brown rice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons of fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Shred spinach into 1 cm slices.
- Place cashew nuts on baking tray and roast for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- heat oil in large frying pan and cook spring oinion over medium heat for two minutes or until soft.
- Add the rice, garlic, and fennel seeds and cook stirring frequently for 1-2 minutes or until rice is coated.
- Increase heat to high, add lemon juice stock and 1 teaspoon salt and bring to boil.
- Reduce to low cover and cook 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with spinach and herbs.
- Stand covered for 8 minutes then fork the spinach and herb mixture through the rice.
- Serve sprinkled with cashews.