Recipe by English_Rose
This looks and tastes stunning yet takes no time at all to prepare – perfect for an informal picnic lunch with friends. Great way to use christmas leftover turkey.
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb cooked turkey breast, roughly chopped
- 3 ounces roasted red peppers, from a jar, sliced
- 1 small iceberg lettuce, roughly chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ounce pine nuts, toasted
- French bread
- lemon, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the mayonnaise in a jug with the pesto, chives, parsley, scallions and half the Parmesan cheese. Whisk in the vinegar and water to make a loose dressing and season to taste.
- Toss together the chopped turkey, peppers, lettuce, tomatoes and pine nuts in a serving bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- To serve, pile onto plates and serve with crusty French bread and a squeeze of lemon or lime juice.