Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got the idea for this from Unstuffed Green Bell Peppers. It is sort of like sloppy joes, but with a green pepper twist. This freezes very well. Simple put it in rigid containers or ziploc bags and freeze. To use, defrost it for 24 hours in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave.
- Brown the ground turkey with the onion and the green pepper.
- Stir in the garlic salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, tomato sauce, and rice.
- Cook on low for 15 minutes.
- Add some water if you want the mixture to be thinner.
- Serve it on hamburger buns.