Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got the idea for this from Unstuffed Green Bell Peppers. It is sort of like sloppy joes, but with a green pepper twist. This freezes very well. Simple put it in rigid containers or ziploc bags and freeze. To use, defrost it for 24 hours in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave.
- Brown the ground turkey with the onion and the green pepper.
- Stir in the garlic salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, tomato sauce, and rice.
- Cook on low for 15 minutes.
- Add some water if you want the mixture to be thinner.
- Serve it on hamburger buns.
This was REALLY tasty comfort food! Easy to make too! I used grass-fed beef, 1 extremely large green pepper and 1 whole medium onion, and I opted for 3 large cloves of fresh garlic instead of the garlic salt. This was plenty for our meal as I didn't want to serve 15! I added 1/4 teaspoon white pepper and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt for our tastes, and I used a Lundberg rice combo - brown, black japonica and wehani. This was done in a jiffy, and it was very tasty. Something I will definitely make again. Thanks for posting - made for FALL PAC 2012.