Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Sauces, Dips, and Salsas, this is a really simple recipe that adds great flavor to either steaks or chicken. Depending what meat I'm making this for, I usually add some herbs for a little more flavor.
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons green peppercorns, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- Rinse the pepper corns and set aside.
- Pan fry your meat, remove, then deglaze pan with broth.
- Stir over low heat until boiling, then add the cream and peppercorns.
- Boil for 8-10 minutes. Add brandy and boil for 1 minute.
- Serve over meat.
I added garlic and seasoned salt to my chcicken stock. Let it reduce to half adding the peppercorns. Cooked for a couple minutes. Then slowly added the cream stirring so not to curdle.I used this peppery sauce to heat left over sliced steak. I di use sherry for the brandy. Thanks