- 6 tablespoons white mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoons green peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 60 ml cider vinegar (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender grind mustard seeds finely.
- In a glass or ceramic bowl, mix together mustard powder and 3 tablespoons water and leave to stand 30 mins.
- Blend mustard mixture and the rest of the ingredients until mustard acquires a grainy texture. If mixture seems too dry, add a little more water or honey.
- Cover and let stand 12 hours before pouring into sterilised jars.
- Store in a cool, dark place 2 weeks before using.
- Refrigerate after opening.