Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very tasty mustard! Great with poultry terrines or try a bit mixed in with your mayonnaise.Especially if you are doing deviled eggs.Makes a nice gift.
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup mustard seeds (yellow)
- 2 cups mustard powder
- 1⁄2 cup wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup dry vermouth
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 cup green peppercorn, drained
- Combine water and mustard seeds in a small bowl and let stand an hour.
- Drain well.
- Transfer mustard seeds to a food processor and add remining ingredients except peppercorns and puree, Make sure you scrape down the sides a few times while you are processing.
- The mixture should be course.
- Add peppercorns and mix.
- Put into a sterilized jars, store in a dark cool place.
Very good. I made this as posted. I tried it with grilled pork chops (Good) and as a dip for some A-1 simmered Lil' Smokies. (Great) I enjoy making my own condiments esp. mustards and hot sauces, so this was a recipe I'm glad I made. Thanks for posting it. Iowa