Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
One of my old standbys,and my definition of comfort food.
- 1 lb round steaks or 1 lb sirloin steak (cut in strips)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (use less if you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large green pepper (cut in strips)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- rice or noodles
- Toss steak with soy sauce.
- Brown meat on one side in oil over medium heat.
- Add green pepper,cook and stir until meat is completely brown.
- Mix water and cornstarch, add to meat and cook and stir until peppers are tender and sauce has thickened.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
just like mine except for the fact that i use a little crushed garlic and ond onion slices. Its quick and easy and tasty and on top of rice feeds more than you think.
This is good and easy. I added garlic and ginger. No noodles or rice for me. Great with a salad.
Very good! I would suggest cooking the meat till tender before adding in the peppers and starch. Mine cooked to pieces before the round steak was tender. I will make again. Thanks for posting!