Prep 35 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a Romanian dish which is also featured in Middle Eastern menus. Israeli green peppers are known for their sweetness. Thank you, Israeli Embassy!
- 4 large green peppers
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F (210 deg C).
- Place whole peppers on a flat baking tray and roast, turning often, until skin is soft.
- Remove from oven and peel.
- Remove seeds and cut peppers into strips.
- In a non-metal dish, mix oil, lemon juice and garlic.
- Stir in pepper strips, season with salt and pepper, and chill.