Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Source: a very old issue of Canadian Living.
- 1 lb lean boneless pork
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 4 green onions
- 2 green peppers
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock or 1⁄2 cup water
- cooked rice
- Slice pork into thin strips about 1.5 inches long. Place in bowl, toss with cornstarch.
- Stir in soy sauce and brandy. Allow to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Slice onions lengthwise, then cut onions and green peppers into long thin strips, 1.5 inches long.
- In wok or skillet, heat oil over high heat.
- Add pork and stir-fry until browned and cooked through, about 4 or 5 minutes.
- Stir in onions and green pepper; stir-fry for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Stir in stock and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Serve over rice.