Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this on Epicurean online - I personally don't use sausage but am posting it as I found it.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery leaves
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage (mild, medium, or hot, depending on your taste)
- 4 slices bacon (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, gr. peppers, onion, celery leaves, parsley, and soup mix.
- Crumble beef and sausage over the mixture and mix well.
- Shape into a 12-inch x 4-inch loaf.
- Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Place bacon strips over top, if desired.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes longer or until no pink remains and meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.