Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A quick side dish that kinda dresses up instant brown rice.
Make and share this Green Pepper Brown Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 scallions, chopped (white and light green parts)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- salt, as needed to taste
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter; add green pepper and scallion and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and black pepper to saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Stir in the rice; reduce heat and cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Uncover, fluff w/ fork. Add salt, if needed.
This was really yummy. I added a little bit of cheese and my kids loved it too. I used sweet onions instead of scallions. I'll do this again!