Recipe by Tulip-Fairy
This is so simple to make with great results, the flavours really work well together!
Top Review by anamae24
I made this per the recipe and it is just okay for me. Other reviewers added onion and I would suggest that as well. But it defintely needs to be eaten with rice, nan, or even potatoes, which another review also suggested... It is not something that I can eat as is with a spoon all on its own. Thank you for sharing.
- 1 1⁄2 green bell peppers
- 300 g ripe tomatoes (or cheat and use tinned)
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mild chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the tomatoes if you can be bothered- I dont as I think they add a little extra flavour!
- Cut the green pepper and tomatoes into large chunks- peppers about 1 inch squares and tomatoes into quarters.
- Or open tin if cheating!
- Heat the oil in a wide pan and add the cumin seeds.
- Stir about, then add the green pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, mashing them down as they soften.
- Add the salt, chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala and brown sugar.
- Stir well, then simmer, covered, for 7 minutes, or until the pepper are cooked to your liking.
- Best served at once.