Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Simple recipe to doctor up canned peas. I copied this from a compilation cookbook. It's here for future use since I haven't tried it yet.
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet peas, liquid reserved
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a small skillet, adding the can of peas with it's liquid.
- Distribute the peanut butter over the peas.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste and toss carefully.
- Let the peas boil gently until the peanut butter is thoroughly dissolved.
- Mix in chopped parsley and serve.
Give it a try, Oolala, it's really good. I skipped the butter and just melted the peanut butter in the microwave.