Recipe by COOKGIRl
From Bon Appetit May 1998. Meant to be served alongside of rice or mashed potatoes to soak up the delicious sauce.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
We thought these were very good with a delightful garlic/butter flavor that we really enjoyed. I cut this in half for the 2 of us and still had another 2 servings left over. I'll make this one again as Green peas are one of my favorites. thanks for sharing.
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lb frozen green pea, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth, unsalted (homemade is best)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh curly-leaf parsley, chopped
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium-low heat and saute the garlic until highly fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add the green peas and vegetable broth. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook the mixture until the peas are tender but not shriveled, about 4 minutes total.
- Stir in the parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.