Recipe by Pesto lover
This is a Punjabi side dish which sounds really good. I intend to try it soon.
Top Review by loof
Loved these tasty peas! The spicing was spot on and the milk gave the dish just the right amount of creaminess. I used frozen peas which worked fine for this. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for ZWT8, Chefs gone WILD!
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
- 2.46 ml cumin seed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 473.18 ml water
- 1.23 ml turmeric
- 2.46 ml garam masala
- 1.23-2.46 ml red chili powder
- 473.18 ml green peas, frozen
- 59.14 ml whole milk or 59.14 ml light cream
- 14.79 ml cilantro leaf, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and add cumin seed. As soon as it sputters, add onion and cook about 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and cook 2 minutes.
- Add water, turmeric, garam masala, salt and red chile powder. Let boil for 5 minutes.
- Add peas and continue cooking until tender, about 7 min for frozen and about 10 min for fresh peas.
- Add milk and cook 3 min more.
- Serve, with cilantro leaves sprinkled on top.