Recipe by Debaylady
I hesitated to submit this recipe because it is so quick and easy. I changed one that a friend gave me. It is a refreshing change from the regular peas and onions we all have eaten over the years. Try it...you will like it!
- 1 1⁄2 cups white pearl onions, frozen
- 2 cups green peas, frozen
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan bring the 1 cup of water to a boil over high heat. Add the salt and frozen onions, reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add the peas, return to a boil, cover and cook for about 6-7 minutes until peas are tender.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter over low heat in a small skillet. Add the fresh rosemary. cook and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Drain the peas and onions when they are tender. Return to the large saucepan. Add pepper and the butter/rosemary mixture. Lightly stir to completely cover the peas and onions.
- Pour in serving dish and enjoy!