Recipe by PaulaG
This comes from "Light and Easy Diabetes Cuisine" by Betty Marks. I prefer to use fresh green peas if I have them; but it works well with frozen too.
Top Review by Gagoo
I must preface this with - I really dislike peas, however, my husband loves them. I have made them a few times over the years to appease him, I'll take a bite (like maybe two or three peas) just to say I tried them - he ends up eating the entire amount. I used fresh peas from our garden and made as directed (2 servings) and for the first time since I was a child (and had no choice) I ate an entire portion. Thank you Paula W for this simple, tasty recipe - anytime I prepare peas in the future it will be this recipe.
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil, add peas and.
- cook 5 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain thoroughly.
- While peas are cooking, heat oil in a non-stick skillet and saute mushrooms and green onions until tender.
- Combine with peas and toss with soy sauce.
- Serve immediately.