Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- Beat the eggs slightly, just so the yolk and whites are mixed.
- Add the milk which has been mixed with the seasonings.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Pour into greased timbales mold or muffin cups.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until firm.
- Serve with tomato sauce, sweet corn, red sweet peppers.
This is another of my son's favorite. He's very picky eater, and I have to make creative dishes to make sure he gets the nutrition he needs. Peas, carrots and corn are a problem when I try to serve them plain. However, this recipe here, he loves and requests it often. I've also made this with carrots and corn as well. Excellent!
Delicious, custardy and light. If you have never eaten a timbale before - these are like little savory egg custards. They taste like the filling of a quiche, but without any cheese. I think next time I will try corn in place of the peas for variation. I will also reduce the salt a bit for my tastes, and omit the optional garnish of tomato sauce, but these were still so tasty that they are worth 5 stars for sure.