1/2 Photos of Green Pea Soup with Mint Gelato
1 hr 15 mins
Just Call Me Martha's Note:
This is a great spring/summer soup and can be served warm as well as chilled. The flavour is superior when you use freshly shelled peas!!! This soup is equally as tasty when you replace the gelato with just a dab of sour cream and a sprig of mint. From the LCBO Food and Drink magazine - Spring 2003. (Cook time includes chill time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups slivered mint
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 1 egg white
- 1Bring water, sugar, lemon rind, juice, and 1 cup (250 ml) of mint to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3Cool and strain, reserving liquid.
- 4Beat mascarpone with mint syrup and extra 1/4 cup (50 ml) of mint until well combined.
- 5Freeze mixture in a bowl.
- 6When mixture is frozen, remove and puree in a food processor along with the egg white.
- 8Combine peas, potatoes, green onions, lettuce, and stock.
- 9Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes or until the peas are tender.
- 10Puree in a food processor or blender until really smooth.
- 11Add cream, bring to a boil.
- 12Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 13Season well with salt and pepper.
- 15Place soup in six bowls and top with a small scoop of gelato.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Pea Soup with Mint Gelato
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.8
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 31.9 mg
- Sodium 260.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: