Chef Acosta's Note:
This is the first thing I ever made that helped me truly appreciate the flavor of tarragon. Who knew that it would go so great with peas! It's a savory and deliciously nutritious green pea soup. Great for lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 vidalia onion, diced
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth (I make mine from Better than Bouillon Chicken Base)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper, freshly ground
- 1 (10 ounce) bag green peas, organic and frozen
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon nonfat plain yogurt (optional)
- 1In a medium pot over medium heat, cook the onions in the olive oil until soft.
- 2Once the onions are cooked, add the broth, tarragon, garlic powder, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- 3Add the frozen peas and boil until cooked.
- 4Next, you will blend the mixture in two batches. It is necessary to do it in batches so that the soup doesn't explode on you due to the heat! (Trust me, I did this.) Pour about half the mixture into a blender or food processor and liquify. Use a strainer to pour the first batch back into the pot. Blend the second batch and strain back into the pot as well.
- 5Reheat or serve cold. Garnish with a little bit of yogurt if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Pea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.3
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 276.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 7.9 g