Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I took this from a recipe I saw on the Zaar, but jazzed it up a little. I was intrigued at how few ingredients it had but looked so elegant! But I decided to jazz it up a little with the addition of lemon, parsley, and pepper. Green onions are preferable but a small white onion or a shallot will do in a pinch. This is very easy and whips up fast!
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped (or 1 small white onion or shallot)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 small lemon, juice of (1-2 teaspoons bottled will also work)
- Put all the ingredients into a pot together and bring to a boil.
- Cook uncovered for 3-5 minutes, until the peas have turned tender. Fresh peas won't take long; if you're using REALLY frozen ones like I did you might at least 6-7 minutes.
- Puree in a blender or food processor until totally smooth; it will be a thin sauce. Can be eaten right away or chilled for future use. Keeps for about a week, but freezes well.