Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm always asked to bring this to family gatherings and I always return home with an empty bowl. Very good, very easy!
- 10 ounces frozen peas
- 6 slices Canadian bacon, diced (or try cooked bacon or diced Spam instead)
- 8 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- Rinse peas under cold water (to quick thaw); drain.
- Mix all the ingredients; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours(to blend flavors).
- (Serving size about 3/4 c.).
We loved this easy and very flavorful pea salad!!!! I followed the recipe exactly as written (using bacon) and wouldn't change a thing!!! Thanks for sharing this winner...can't wait to make it again, Likkel.
Wow, this was a great tasting, easy to prepare salad! My kids loved it, my husband loved it and it was so quick to make. I have used both the canadian bacon and regular bacon and both are good, though my husband favors the regular bacon...figures! Thanks Likkel, it will go on my regular menu!
We liked this salad and it was so simple to make. I did use the Canadian bacon in an effort to keep the calores/fat down, but DH's comment was that he thought it needed more onion and I should have used "real" bacon to give it more flavor.