Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Green Pea Ravioli With Truffle Butter Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated aged monterey jack cheese or 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons fine fresh breadcrumbs
- pasta dough or wonton wrapper
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon truffle oil (optional)
- Force peas through the fine disk of a food mill into a bowl to remove skins.
- Cook shallot in oil in a small skillet over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened. Remove from heat and stir into pea puree with cheese and crumbs. Season filling with salt and pepper.
- Fill ravioli with a level teaspoon of filling in each. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with a dry kitchen towel. Ravioli may be made up to this point 1 day ahead, covered and refrigerated or they can be frozen.
- To make the sauce: Simmer the vinegar and wine over medium heat and reduce until it forms a light syrup (watch carefully toward the end as it tends to burn). Add the cream and reduce heat to low. Whisk in butter pieces one at a time, until emulsified. Add truffle oil, if using. Salt to taste. Set aside and keep warm until ravioli are cooked.
- Cook ravioli in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, 2 to 3 minutes, then drain. Toss with sauce then serve immediately.
Wonderful and very different. Husband says this must be made again for him AND for company!