Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
My Private Note
first c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated aged monterey jack cheese or 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons fine fresh breadcrumbs
- pasta dough or wonton wrapper
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/8 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 1/4 teaspoon truffle oil (optional)
- 1Force peas through the fine disk of a food mill into a bowl to remove skins.
- 2Cook shallot in oil in a small skillet over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened. Remove from heat and stir into pea puree with cheese and crumbs. Season filling with salt and pepper.
- 3Fill ravioli with a level teaspoon of filling in each. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with a dry kitchen towel. Ravioli may be made up to this point 1 day ahead, covered and refrigerated or they can be frozen.
- 4To make the sauce: Simmer the vinegar and wine over medium heat and reduce until it forms a light syrup (watch carefully toward the end as it tends to burn). Add the cream and reduce heat to low. Whisk in butter pieces one at a time, until emulsified. Add truffle oil, if using. Salt to taste. Set aside and keep warm until ravioli are cooked.
- 5Cook ravioli in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, 2 to 3 minutes, then drain. Toss with sauce then serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Pea Ravioli With Truffle Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.3
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Sodium 53.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 3.3 g