Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Vegetarian Times. I think it's supposed to be like guacamole. They say to spoon it on soy burgers, refried beans or tomatoes. For the best appearance, do not make more than 2 hours in advance.
- 1 cup frozen green pea (no need to thaw)
- 1⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- In a food processor, combine peas, yogurt, lime juice, garlic and cumin.
- Process, but stop before mixture is completely smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in salsa and salt to taste.
Try this great dip, a healthy alternative to guacamole.
Not for everyone, but we liked it. When you first make it, it looks like guacamole, but it tastes like a pea snow cone from the froze peas. Once it sits for awhile it gets a little watery, but still tastes ok. The flavor is good, I added some cilantro. Next time I think I'll add chopped tomatoes and onion.