Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a simple and easy casserole to make as a side dish with chicken either fried or baked. Its a keeper in our family.
- 1 (15 ounce) can green peas
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 2 -3 cups Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- In a medium bowl combine peas,chestnuts,pimentos,cream of mushroom soup and cheddar cheese.
- Grease a 8x8 baking dish and add the pea mixture.
- Melt butter in microwave dish.
- Add Ritz crackers to butter and sprinkle over top of the casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
We loved this green pea casserole...creamy, cheesy and oh so good. The Ritz cracker topping is perfect for this dish. Easy to prepare too. Thanks for sharing, Marsha D.