Recipe by Marsha D.
This is a simple and easy casserole to make as a side dish with chicken either fried or baked. Its a keeper in our family.
- 1 (15 ounce) can green peas
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 2 -3 cups Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- In a medium bowl combine peas,chestnuts,pimentos,cream of mushroom soup and cheddar cheese.
- Grease a 8x8 baking dish and add the pea mixture.
- Melt butter in microwave dish.
- Add Ritz crackers to butter and sprinkle over top of the casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes.