Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
from Breakfast For Dinner
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated plus more for serving
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces pancetta or 4 ounces bacon, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- In a blender or food processor, blend peas, egg, egg yolks, cheese and cream on high speed until smooth, about 30 seconds. Add salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook pancetta until browned, 6 to 8 minutes (if using bacon, cook for slightly longer or until beginning to crisp then drain excess fat from pan). Add onions and cook until softened, another 5 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package direction until just tender and still firm to the bite. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Add pasta to skillet and toss with onions and pancetta for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat, stir in pea mixture, working swiftly and vigorously so egg does not scramble. If sauce is too thick, mix in reserved pasta water, a little at a time. Transfer to serving bowls and top with more Parmesan Cheese. Serve.