Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Italian Speaking region of Switzerland- Ticino recipe found on the internet.
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh green peas
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup arborio rice, rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup white wine, warmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron
- 2 tablespoons warm milk
- grated cheese
- Soak saffron in milk.
- Saute onions ( medium to medium high) in olive oil until translucent.
- Add peas and rice then cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in warmed wine. Cook until alcohol in wine is cooked off. Stir constantly.
- Add vegetable stock, Cook until all liquid is absorbed. Add more stock if necessary - the rice should be firm but slightly soft but not mushy.
- Once rice is cooked stir in the saffron. Add salt and grated cheese to taste.
- Cover risotto and turn off flame. let sit for 5 minutes.