Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are simply delicious! I serve them with slices of roasted lamb sitting on a bed of spinach, mashed potato, roasted tomatoes and basil pesto. Gorgeous!!
- 250 g frozen peas
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 115 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 250 ml ice water
- Mix the batter ingredients together.
- It should be lumpy, giving you a lighter batter.
- Cook peas in boiling salted water.
- Puree using blender or food processor.
- Add the ricotta cheese and chopped fresh thyme.
- Mix well.
- Add some grated Parmesan cheese and stir in.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Refrigerate mixture until set.
- Roll the pea and ricotta cheese mixture into small balls, allowing 3 per person/portion.
- Dust with flour.
- Dip into tempura batter and deep fry until lightly golden in colour.