Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Despite the list of ingredients this is very easy to make. Green tea noodles work well with the soup but any other thin dried noodle would work just as well.
- 125 g green tea noodles
- 2 red chilies
- 2 stalks lemongrass, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5 cm gingerroot, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 50 g fresh coriander, stems and leaves
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 200 g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 125 g fresh peas or 125 g frozen peas
- Cook the noodles, drain and set aside.
- Place one chilli, lemon grass, garlic, ginger and all the coriander in a processor and process to a thick paste.
- Fry the paste in the sesame oil for 1 minute.
- Add lemon rind and juice, stock and coconut milk. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice the remaining chilli and add to the soup along with the peas and noodles.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes and serve.