Recipe by COOKGIRl
Refreshing yet easy to prepare. Try substituting romanesco or broccoflower for the broccoli!
- 2 cups fresh green peas (or frozen and thawed green peas)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 stalks celery & leaves, sliced
- 2 ounces sliced pimiento, drained (or red bell pepper)
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mint Dressing: Prepare dressing by combining all ingredients in a bowl and whisking. Yields 1/3 cup.
- In pot boil green peas for approximately 2 minutes just until tender. DO NOT overcook. Drain and rinse under cold water. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Blanch the broccoli florets in the same pot of boiling water for 3-5 minutes or just until bright green. Drain.
- Plunge broccoli into bowl of ice water to halt the cooking process. Let stand 10 minutes then drain well. Combine the broccoli with the green peas.
- Stir in the celery, pimiento, and red onion. Add the salad dressing and toss to coat.