Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 12 mins
This is very quick extremely simple and tastes great. Perfect for these long cold nights!!
- 250 g split peas (soaked overnight)
- 1 1⁄4 liters chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 175 g bacon, rashers diced
- 1 (230 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 250 g potatoes, diced
- Put the split peas in a large saucepan and cover with the stock.
- Add bacon, garlic, tomatoes and onion. Season well.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hour until peas and bacon are soft.
- Add potatoes and cook for another 20 minutess (add more stock if needed or if you like a thinner soup).
- Blend in a food processor to your desired smoothness and reheat to serve.