Recipe by dgpat
This is a quick tasty side dish - we enjoy it.
Top Review by CaribbeanQueen
Have made this 4 times now but kept forgetting to review it. This is a really easy, tasty and satisfying side dish. I have eaten the leftovers for lunch the next day and enjoyed them a lot. I've made this using non-fat and full-fat ingredients. Great either way. How can you go wrong with bacon and peas??!!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen peas
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced and cooked crisp,drained well
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, diced well
- 1⁄2 lb cooked whole wheat pasta
- 4 -8 ounces fat free ranch dressing
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peas in a colander and run water over them until they aren't frozen anymore.
- Drain well.
- Crisp fry diced bacon and drain well.
- Finely chop onion.
- Mix pasta, onion, bacon and peas together in large bowl.
- Add salad dressing and sour cream to pasta and mix together well.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and dill.
- Let sit for a few hours to blend the flavors.